Friday, October 30, 2009

Facebook , and Myspace, and Twitter, oh my! - Method 8

SO the question that is posed is, "how do I feel about social networking sites in general?" My answer is, "if it weren't for Myspace and Facebook I would have completely lost touch with my high school and college friends. Thanks to these two sites I have been able to reconnect with many of my friends from past and know what is going on in their lives - husbands, wives, kids, etc. I love it!"
I do not worry about privacy, because you only post what you want public. If you don't want people to know it, don't write. If you don't want strangers to know anything, keep your profile private - then only people you approve can see your profile and information. If someone you don't know requests to follow or friend you, JUST SAY NO! I do worry a little about the personal life vs. professional life. I have solved this by keeping my Facebook page as personal site, and though I accept friend requests from some people in my working life, they understand that the Facebook is separate from work. I have solved the need for social networking in my professional life with my Twitter account, though I have to admit I am not very good with tweeting - but I will work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment