Thursday, October 1, 2009

"Click!" - Method 5

One of my favorite movie quotes is, "I don't play well with others" from Hackers. This line somewhat applies to me and online photo sharing, simply because I'm horrible about taking pictures of anything. I have friends who use many different photo sites, just not Flickr.
My experience with Flickr has been to use it for Creative Commons works to use in Moviemaker or fliers.
On a professional level, I could see the libraries in my district creating a group and sharing. But, as always, there could be issues with pictures of students on websites and privacy, etc. . .


Varkala Beach- Sunset at Papanasam Beach
Originally uploaded by dotcompals

Extra Credit:
Ironically, just before I began this photo sharing exploration my father sent me an email with a lot of pictures and the bottom of the email said the pictures came from Picasa. I asked my Dad to share the album with me, and was able to see the picture much quicker than opening one after anther in e-mail.
Both are very similar with options of who can see, and who can't see the pictures. THere is some difference int he invite to see process that I haven't explored (because I just don't have pictures to invite people to view). I like the look of Picasa as a storage and possible sharing location better than Flickr, but that could be because I am familiar with how the Google suite works.

No comments:

Post a Comment