Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Wiki while you work! - Method 10

The Wiki is my new favorite tool. I started using wikispaces back in August to create a space for the libraries I support to collaborate or go to for information (Please browse if you like - it's linked through the title of this post). I love that anyone with an account can become the editor of the site - so if I make a mistake, or don't post something - one of the librarians in the schools can. I can see great things for the Wiki. I can see the librarians using it for a sharing space of great lessons, programming, collaboration etc. Sadly, it is not being used as I would like it to be (and have presented it to be). It is currently mainly operating as a website that only I edit. I love the discussion board areas on wikispaces, one is attached to each page so that the discussion threads don't become jumbled, they can be about what the page is about. Hopefully, my vision of the Wiki will come to fruition - I'm patient - sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment