Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Method 11 - podcasting

Podcasting can be a great tool for learning. Through this exercise I discovered that Nancy Keene - book talking extraordinaire - is podcasting some of her talks. This is a great resource for librarians just learning how to book talk, or to use with students to help them learn to book talk.
I also discovered Librarian Live, and listened to part of the "Breaking up with Dewey" podcast. This volume on the person being interviewed was not very good and I had a hard time hearing what she was saying - which is what I really wanted to hear.
I have librarians and schools who want to learn more about podcasting and how to use it in their day-to-day teaching. And I have a desire to learn how to do it. I have been to session after session about podcasting, but it never seems to show me exactly what to do. Maybe I'll try to learn myself . . . but realistically I know other tasks will always come first.
i think a library can utilize podcasts for many things. To document a quest speaker or interview. To broadcast upcoming events. To publicize a book club book. The ppossiblities go on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment